About Me

My photo
Christ follower. Wife. Mama to Olivia. 2 fur babies. Lover of life. Recovering impulse shopper. Pinterest recipe and idea finder/addict. Mediocre blogger. Photography, fashion, recipe, and teaching blog stalker. Here to share about all things life related.
Powered by Blogger.

Follow me on Pinterest!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

CRAY CRAY DAY!

Please click on this link if you want to smile (c'mon you know you want to!)

CLICK ME!

Talking about a rough day...today horrible storms and tornados hit North Texas. It was also the day of a 2 hour lockdown with every student at my school in one hallway. Were we safe? Yes. CRAY? DEFINITELY! Props to my awesome principal and everyone who helped with crowd control and our awesome kiddos. My husband started subbing recently and just so happened to be at my school today when that happened. WHAT A BLESSING! During all the craziness I didn't get to grab my phone so I know I would've been freaking out being so out of touch. Thank God he was there with me. After all the craziness somewhat died down and the kids were being sent home, we headed home. As we pulled out of the parking lot, the hail started hitting my car. Thankfully, my aunt and uncle live 2 minutes away from my school so we whipped into their house. We watched the news and suddenly realized that the storm was heading toward our house and then they announced a tornado formed and was heading DIRECTLY toward our house. Then, they announced it ran through the neighborhood that is less than a mile from our house demolishing several homes. As soon as it passed, we ran out and got home as fast as we could. We pulled in the neighborhood and it hadn't been touched. I thought for sure it would be in shambles. Thank God! We couldn't believe it. Our neighbor said he was watching the whole thing and said the funnel cloud disappeared as soon as it got to our neighborhood. We are very blessed but are praying for the people in the next neighborhood over. God is good and we are thankful no one was seriously injured!

Here's a picture a friend from Facebook posted from someone who lives in our neighborhood:

Freaky right? 



1 comment: