About Me

My photo
Christ follower. Wife. Mama to Olivia. 2 fur babies. Lover of life. Recovering impulse shopper. Pinterest recipe and idea finder/addict. Mediocre blogger. Photography, fashion, recipe, and teaching blog stalker. Here to share about all things life related.
Powered by Blogger.

Follow me on Pinterest!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Spring (too early for a) blog-break?!?!

Well, I'm back. I took an unintentional break (too early?).

Spring break was great, relaxing and honestly I just couldn't think of anything interesting worth blogging about! So here I am...

I read all 3 Hunger Games books (instantly obsessed) and my husband was over my obsession about 2 days in. When I was finishing the last book I even got a "Now I can have my wife back!" OOPS! I really enjoyed the books, the story line, everything about it! We are going to see the first movie tomorrow (already bought the tickets, oh yeah!) If you haven't read them, they are definitely worth your time.

Here's some pictures of my spring break:

Desi and his sweet niece while we were visiting the fam
Happy 50th Anniversary to my sweet GP's
Relaxing a Teddy Bear Park
A walk through the Fort Worth Stockyards
Visiting the Fort Worth Modern Art Museum


Okay, okay..enough.
So onto my project, I helped my uncle move and while I was moving things out of one of his closets I found this beauty:
So, I asked him if I could buy it from him and he said "Please, take it!" So, naturally, I did. That began my redo adventure. I bought some Chalk Paint a while back in Fresh Linen that I've been DYING to paint something with. So this was the PERFECT choice. Here's how I did it:

I started by getting together something to cover the mirror with, a drop cloth, and obviously brushes and paint (and a finisher which is totally optional)

If you don't know about this paint, you are missing out. You don't have to prime at all! Just a couple coats and you're good to go with a matte finish. For this project though I chose to finish with a spray finisher.

So I started by taping up the mirror

Then, the first coat went on


Here it is with the second coat on, I just waited a few hours so it wouldn't streak

Here's the final result hung on the (empty) dining room wall! The spray finisher left it looking antiqued (not on purpose, but still turned out looking awesome) but if you didn't like it you could always put another coat on. 

I was really happy with the results..now, I just need to get my dining room table and finish that room! Hopefully soon :) 




 Have a great weekend!















1 comment:

  1. Hunger Games is SO good! Can't wait to see the movie! And great job on the mirror, so cute!

    ReplyDelete